Where can I find the best solar energy companies near me? No matter where you live, there are likely to be solar companies that can help you install solar panels on your home. Converting to solar energy can be one of the best decisions you make for your home and the planet. However, there are a lot of companies out there. How can you find the best solar companies to fit your needs? Let SmartSolar help you. We can help you find the best solar installation company in your area by using a wide range of tools.
The Bottom Line
- Know what you need in a Solar Panel System: Learn how solar energy works, consider your budget, and learn about any state-specific solar energy rules before working with a solar installation company.
- How to choose the best solar companies: Compare warranty, leasing options, solar loans, and solar system options across various companies before making a final decision.
- Choosing a solar company: Look beyond just what the company is offering and consider the company’s history and reputation.
Know What You Need in a Solar Panel System
Consider what you require before beginning your search for the best solar companies near me. First, learn how a solar power system works. In a nutshell, “solar technologies convert sunlight into electrical energy either through photovoltaic (PV) panels or through mirrors that concentrate solar radiation." Then, take a closer look at the US Department of Energy guidelines for selecting solar energy systems for residential properties.
Next, consider your budget and what you want from your solar panel system. For example, most solar installation companies can help you choose the best type of panel for your home. Some of the most efficient solar panels are monocrystalline ones, but polycrystalline ones are cheaper and have a slightly lower solar efficiency rating. High-efficiency solar panels may cost more, but they can also help you reduce your energy bills. Depending on where you live, you can sell excess energy back to the local utility company, saving you even more money.
The best companies that install solar panels will help you figure out what kind of system will work best for your home. More so, solar panels generate electricity based on location, angle, and many other factors. You want your solar installation team to give you all the information about installing solar power in your local area.
How to Choose the Best Solar Companies
Investing in renewable energy is a wise decision. Choosing the right solar installation company to help you do so is a must. Here are some factors to consider when comparing options for solar panel installation companies.
One of the things to consider when purchasing solar panel brands is the warranty on the product. Be sure the solar installation company provides you with a warranty on the solar equipment you buy from the manufacturer and a warranty on the workmanship. Most solar companies will provide this, noting the long-term importance of these systems working.
When working with solar companies, be sure you are purchasing what you need, as you want to make sure your solar panels are producing enough energy to power your home. Ask them:
- How many solar panels do I need?
- What is the installation process like?
- Does my roof need repairs or upgrades first?
- How efficient is the solar panel?
- Does the system include all needed solar equipment, including battery storage?
- How much will the solar panels produce?
Solar energy companies will work closely with you to create an ideal system for your home. The key is to remember that you want the best residential solar systems for your home, not just a basic one.
If you want to avoid investing in solar panel systems outright but want to use solar panels and renewable energy for your home, you may want to lease solar panels instead of buying them. Some solar energy companies offer a solar lease, in which they own the solar panel system and take care of it. You benefit from installing them in your home because you get low-cost energy. Learn more about how a power purchase agreement works and if you should lease solar panels.
If you want to take advantage of solar incentives, you will likely need to purchase the solar panel system outright. Many solar energy companies offer solar loans. This solar investment means you own the solar panels and other solar equipment. It also means you may qualify for solar tax incentives from the federal government.
What system do they recommend for you?
Talk to the solar companies about the type of solar energy system they recommend for you based on the amount of solar power you need, your home’s location, and the overall availability of solar panels in your area. You want to be sure you are getting enough solar power, but you also do not want to overspend on a system that is too large for your home.
Choosing a Solar Company
Solar panel companies differ in many ways. Look beyond just what the company is offering and consider the company’s history and reputation. Here are some additional factors to consider before you buy a solar energy system.
- Does the company installing solar panels have a license to do so within your community? They should have proper insurance, too.
- Find out what reputation and customer reviews there are on the actual solar panel brand, such as Momentum Solar, ADT Solar, Blue Raven Solar, or any other solar brands available. Are they known for their quality product?
- Read the terms and conditions if you are considering solar leases and power purchase agreements. Are they fair and equal? Can the company improve the solar leases to meet your needs and costs better?
- What does the solar panel installation company expect when they can install solar panels?
- Do you understand all the factors involved in getting solar installers working on your project?
You Don’t Have to Go It Alone
The solar industry can be confusing, and many companies offer solar power systems that could work for you. If you are installing solar panels, let SmartSolar help you. Contact us for help choosing the highly efficient solar panels you need from the most trusted solar companies.